“Oh thank goodness, you’re still alive.”
That is the first thing out of my mom’s mouth when I call her. My parents retired abroad last year, and being the typical Chinese mother, she constantly worries about my well being. One to two days without phoning her would send her wild imagination careening into envisioning all disasters known to mankind. With the convenience of Skype, I’m able to phone her everyday to tell her that our part of the world has not been struck by an asteroid.
Sharing my mom’s love for fresh basil and eggs, this has become of my favorites. Here is my mother’s day tribute, even though I’m unable to make it for her this mother’s day, pesto egg salad.
Makes 3 servings
Make: 20 Minutes
Ready: 20 Minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place eggs in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover and turn off to let eggs cook in boiling water for 14 minutes.
- Drain and rinse eggs in cold water.
- Peel and depending on your preference, slice (or finely chop) the eggs. Then put eggs in a medium bowl.
- In the food processor, add basil, parsley, garlic, salt, and Parmesan cheese and blend until thoroughly mixed (the mixture would thicken).
- Gently stir in mayonnaise until the salad is thoroughly mixed.
- And serve!