I had a slip up.
While my husband was at work, I ate an entire pint of Ben and Jerry’s Half Baked ice cream while watching Ellen on DVR. Not only did I fall off the wagon of healthy eating, I set the wagon on fire then stomped on the ashes. To repent for this, here is one of our family’s Taiwanese summer dish recipes. For those who miss the texture of noodles, but do not want to do 850 sit-ups to burn off a pint of ice cream, try this ultra high protein dish. It’s made from tofu and can be purchased at most local Asian supermarkets.
Makes 3 servings
Make: 15 Minutes
Ready: 15 Minutes
- 1 pack tofu noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In medium pot, bring water to steady boil then shut off the stove.
- Add tofu noodles into the boiling water, cover lid and let steep for 3 minutes.
- Drain water and transfer tofu noodles to a heat resistant mixing bowl.
- Stir in salt, Stevia, garlic, sesame oil, and cilantro until thoroughly mixed.
- *OPTIONAL* Refrigerate for 30 minutes.