“Why the pint-a-day ice cream?”
“Are there onions in strawberry ice cream?”
Being pregnant for the first time was unlike anything I had ever imagined. No one told me my sense of smell would heighten to Spiderman level, and the mere thought of onions, eggs, and basil would send me running to the porcelain throne. After pregnancy snatched away one of my favorite foods: eggs and threatened my love for guacamole, I declared, “No more!” Hence, the dawn of the Guacamole Fresca, where I substitute onions for peaches, and we haven’t looked back since.
* Spoiler alert, it was all worth it. Our baby is the most beautiful and perfect happy little human I have ever seen.
Makes 4 servings
Make: 15 Minutes
Ready: 15 Minutes
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 ripe peach or Fuji apple, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (we usually use one whole unseeded jalapeno pepper for that extra kick)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the avocados, peach/Fuji apple, tomato, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a medium-sized bowl.
- Gently stir in lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.