I wouldn’t say I’m miserly. I mean, I don’t mend my socks or reuse my floss or anything. But I know when I’ve been ripped off, which is why I cringe every time my husband orders $8-edamame from already overpriced Japanese restaurants. How anyone can justify selling something for $8 that only cost $2.00 to make is ridiculous. This version of edamame is from a very popular Japanese restaurant in town. Hope you enjoy it!
Makes 3 servings
Cook: 15 Minutes
Ready: 15 Minutes
- 1 bag frozen organic edamame (16 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fill medium pot 3/4 with water. Bring water to steady boil.
- Add frozen edamame and cook for 4 minutes, then drain water.
- In medium pan, add olive oil and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add edamame, salt, chili powder, paprika, and ground black pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Enjoy! (And save $6)