This post is a follow up to the table number/labels for the a DIY wedding. This is an easy way to create your one-of-a-kind wedding invitation. It’s very easy to make and adds a simple elegant touch to your wedding.
- Sheets of plain paper in a color of your choice for as many guests you’ll have at your wedding or event.
- Sheets of white cardstock to match each plain white paper.
- Sheets of vellum paper to match each plain white paper.
- Paper trimmer/cutter
- Edge punch with the design of your liking. I used Fiskar Advantage system.
- Craft paper glue (I like this because it sticks well and the paper can be repositioned if you make a mistake. The glue will not tear the paper or leave a mark).
- Print what you’d like to say on your invitation on vellum paper that is compatible with a laser or inkjet printer. Make sure to set the paper size to 8.5″x5.5″ under “Print Options” of your computer then right and bottom align the text.
- You can also print a design you like on the lower left hand corner.
- Using the paper cutter, trim all the printed vellum papers, plain papers, and cardstock into 8.5″x5.5″ .
- Use the edge punch along the end of the cardstock.
- Glue the plain white paper on the back of the cardstock.
- Punch two holes on the top center of the invitation and tie a ribbon through to attach the vellum paper to the rest of the invitation.